Your cosmetic dentist in Sewell knows aesthetic treatments aren’t just for enhancing the appearance of healthy teeth. Sometimes cosmetic dentistry can serve two purposes. It can improve the form and function of a weak or damaged tooth. If you’ve got a front tooth that is seriously decayed, injured, or worn, a dental crown can help you smile healthily and beautifully once again! The team at Connolly Family Dentistry provides dental crowns and other cosmetic treatments for patients like you.
Dental Crowns in Sewell Beautify Imperfect Teeth
A dental crown restores a weak, damaged, or decayed tooth while also remaking its appearance. In the old days, the only option for a dental crown was one made out of gold or metal alloys. But used in the front teeth, these restorations just marred an otherwise beautiful smile. Natural-looking porcelain, ceramic, or zirconia crowns, on the other hand, blend flawlessly with the rest of your teeth. These crowns are placed in just one to two visits to Connolly Family Dentistry.
What is a dental crown? No matter what it’s made of, a crown is a thin, tooth shaped covering. Dental crowns are also called caps, since they fit tightly around the entire surface of the affected tooth. A dental crown can correct the following issues:
- Holding together parts of a broken tooth
- Strengthening a weak or worn tooth
- Restoring extreme instances of decay
- Evening out uneven teeth
- Improving the shape of short or pointy teeth
- Lengthening teeth
- Correcting severely stained or discolored teeth
- Replacing missing teeth
Caring for your dental crown isn’t so different from your regular dental hygiene routine. Once the procedure is complete, make sure you brush your teeth for two minutes, after each meal or at least twice a day. Floss frequently, concentrating on the area around the base of the crown. Visit your dentist as recommended for continued oral health.
Other Options in Cosmetic Dentistry
Connolly Family Dentistry offers a long selection of cosmetic dentistry services, and dental crowns are just one way to enhance an imperfect smile. In addition to ceramic, porcelain, and zirconia crowns, your cosmetic dentist is happy to offer patients…
- Professional teeth whitening: We offer take-home and in-office whitening treatments to erase discoloration caused by coffee, tobacco, poor dental hygiene, and age. Professional teeth whitening reveals a youthful, rejuvenated smile.
- Porcelain veneers: These wafer-thin coverings are applied to the surface of the teeth that show when you smile. Veneers correct chips, cracks, minor misalignments, and other cosmetic imperfections.
- Cosmetic bonding: An affordable, convenient way to make minor improvements to imperfect teeth. Completed in just one visit to your dentist’s office, the method corrects chips, slight gaps, and other issues using a tooth-colored composite resin.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Increased self-confidence and a brighter, more beautiful smile — the benefits of cosmetic dentistry are easy to see. Learn about how we can improve the appearance of your teeth! Contact Connolly Family Dentistry to request an appointment for dental crowns, teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, or cosmetic bonding today.