We are happy to announce our partnership with United Way of Gloucester County. Connolly Family Dentistry has joined the 365 Small Business Circle, a program that helps the United Way deliver their life-changing work to people and families in need in Gloucester County. As a member of 365 Small Business Circle, we will help to fund several mini-grants for programs and agencies right here in our community, such as:
- Angels Community Outreach– provides fresh fruit and vegetables in weekly meal kits to make a well-rounded meal.
- Emmanuel Cancer Foundation – gas station and grocery store gift cards for basic needs for families undergoing treatment.
- Partners in Learning – safe and secure storage for additional COVID-19 related materials and supplies.
- People for People – emergency funds for veterans for basic needs that can be deployed within hours.
- Shelter of Hope – keep the Shelter of Hope youth and staff protected and ensure the continuation of programs.
As part of our partnership with the United Way of Gloucester County, we will participate in a variety of events throughout the year to actively help those who need it the most. Our first joint event with the United Way will focus on food collection for the 16th Annual Gloucester County Cares About Hunger Food Drive. Collection bins will be displayed at our office at 379 Egg Harbor Rd., Sewell starting on Monday, January 11th. Help us feed those in need in our community. Please bring one or several of the following items:
- Canned tuna, chicken, corned beef, ham, salmon
- Breakfast cereals (whole grain), oatmeal, granola bars, pancake mix
- Peanut butter, beans (canned or dry), peanuts, sunflower seeds, almonds
- Canned vegetables, fruit, soups, stews, chill, applesauce
- Canned 100% fruit juices, canned and shelf-stable dairy products
- Rice, pasta, macaroni & cheese dinner
We’ll also collect pet food and personal hygiene items which will be distributed to low- and fixed-income families to help them feed their pets and stretch their budgets. Any donation helps and is greatly appreciated.
Last year, The United Way donated a record 23,020 pounds of food to the Food Bank of South Jersey. That poundage equates to 15,374 meals! Since the 2006 start of the drive, 220,258 pounds of food have been collected to combat hunger in our community. Let’s make this year even bigger and better at Connolly Family Dentistry. Bring your food donation and join us in helping others!
If you want to find out more about the charity we work with or other ways you can get involved, please visit their website.
We look forward to seeing you at our office soon!
Connolly Family Dentistry